Join us for SYTAR 2011, IAYT's Symposium on Yoga Therapy and Research!
SYTAR is IAYT's annual membership conference as well as the premier conference in our rapidly growing field. The focus is on professional education, sharing your work with your peers, Yoga research you can use, and broad discussions about where our field is, or should be, going.
And, of course, simply meeting old and new friends. Asilomar is a beautiful location for our meeting, a "refuge by the sea" as they say, "with rustic charm and simple elegance." Indeed, it's the type of place to consider coming early, or staying over
SYTAR is a unique conference, with multiple learning opportunities via
- Keynote and plenary lectures by luminaries in our field
- Integrated theory and practice sessions
- Stand alone educational practice sessions
- Common Interest Community (CIC) sessions with short focused presentations and peer networking opportunities
- Multiple morning practices every day
Special events, including
- IAYT membership meeting to meet the board, staff, and the standards committee and to learn more about IAYT projects
- A special reception to recognize all sponsors and partners. At the reception, colleagues from the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA), the American College of Vedic Astrology (ACVA), and the Council of Vedic Astrologers (CVA), our sister associations, will provide free mini-sessions to "discover your dosha and explore your dashas."
There will be a Meeting of Schools, starting Wednesday night, August 31 to hear and discuss the work of the IAYT Educational Standards Committee. All IAYT member schools are invited. Program directors and falculty designees only, please.
Lodging at the Asilomar comes with full meals. Asilomar is under new management and the food is wonderful. The Monterey Peninsular is an extraordinary place. You and your family are encouraged to come early or stay over in order to take full advantage of your visit.
Mt. Madonna Center, an association partner for SYTAR 2011 and a premier Yoga educational and retreat center, is close by. Like several of us, you may wish to take advantage of your visit to the area to visit MMC before or afterwards.